InSoFast Basic Instructions. TYPICAL MASONRY WALL INSTALLATION
Finish your basement and increase the value of your home while adding more liveable space. The following video and explanations can be applied to both UX and EX panel for interior masonry installations.
Installing InSoFast Panels with Adhesives
Find the Ribs make sure you are gluing the ribbed side of the studs.
Apply Adhesive Run a 3⁄8-in bead of adhesive along all 3 studs.
Press in Place Check that your panel is right-side up, with the rib-side facing the wall and that any interlocking edges meet. Press firmly against your wall.
Now you are ready for electrical wiring.
InSoFast® wiring chases are located 1-1/4" below the surface of the panel. InSoFast panels are designed for use with standard Romex® Romex® type wiring is simple to install. Individual runs can be pushed or slid through the horizontal or vertical chase ways up to 12' from box to box or up into the floor system. If you have any difficulties sliding the wire through the chase way, bend over the end of the Romex® wiring. The use of a fish tape is generally not required unless pulling multiple wires at one time. If you wish to eliminate the fish tape, slide one wire through and then tape the multiple wires on.
Shopping List for How to Insulate a Basement:
- plant mister, used to spray water onto the tie-rod holes
- hydraulic cement, for plugging tie-rod holes in concrete wall
- insofast rigid polystyrene panels, used to insulate wall
- foam board adhesive, for adhering foam board to concrete wall
- The embedded stud isn molded into the panel, used to secure insofast panel and create nailing surfaces for drywall
- optional 4-inch-long spring spike to secure insulated wall panels
- 1 5/8-inch drywall screws, used to fasten drywall
Tools for How to Insulate a Basement:
- masonry hammer and center punch, used to drive tie rods into concrete wall
- margin trowel, for applying hydraulic cement
- caulking gun, used to apply foam board adhesive
- hammer drill and 3/16-inch masonry bit, used to drill holes in concrete walls
- drill/driver, for fastening vertical 1x3s to horizontal 1x3s
Tags: InSoFast Basic Instructions, insofast, insulate a basement, rigid polystyrene, polystyrene, eps, rigid insulation, drywall a basement, finish a basement, this old house, Frame Out Basement Walls, insulate cinderblock basement, insulating basement walls with foam board, insulation for basement walls r value, how to insulate cinder block, how to insulate cinderblock, insulate cinderblock, insofast cost, how to insulate a basement, insulating basement walls with foam, increase value of home